- 250 g pumpkin flesh
- 200 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 50 g honey
- 100 g soft dates
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml rapeseed oil
- 250 g walnut kernels
- Grate or grind the pumpkin flesh. Mix the flour with the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Blend the honey and dates with a hand blender. Separate the eggs, add the egg yolks and whip until creamy. Then mix in the oil.
- Brown the walnut kernels in a non-stick frying pan. Finely chop one half - preferably in a blitz chopper. Roughly chop the other half
- Grease a 26 cm springform pan with oil. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Fold the pumpkin flakes, flour mix and walnuts alternately into the date cream. Finally, whip the egg whites until stiff and fold in. Pour the batter into the greased springform and bake in a hot oven on the bottom shelf for 40 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly, then remove from the springform. If desired, use icing sugar and a stencil to make a pumpkin face.